What to do if you think if you have contracted Covid-19?
Specialist Internal Medicine
Medcare Women and Children Hospital, Dubai
If a person thinks that he or she has been infected with COVID 19, the most important and immediate action to be taken is to prevent the spread of infection to others.
- Until the infection is confirmed or ruled out, he or she must
- Stop any work or social related activities immediately
- Must isolate himself/herself in a separate room till he/she seeks medical advice and use a face mask at all the time
- If he/she cannot secure such isolation measures or there are high risk group individuals sharing the accommodation with him/her, he should go directly to the hospital for testing and avail the isolation facilities of the hospital or designated isolation building.
- The patient must continue with frequent hand sanitation, avoid touching the surrounding surfaces and avoid use of any public means of transportation during his trip to the healthcare facility.
- He must maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters, throughout the trip to the medical facility, that he will be tested in.
- Once the infection is confirmed through proper testing, the patient has to follow the local authority’s regulations regarding isolation with possible further home quarantine if indicated. These protocols for isolation and quarantine are subjective to changes and updates based on the dynamics of the national pandemic of each country.
Covid-19 testing facilities in India and UAE:
Aster Labs at Bangalore – Contact No: +91 080-4555 3333
Aster MIMS Calicut –Contact No: +91 0495 2488000
For Corporate Queries for mass Covid-19 screening please contact:
For Private/Individual Queries please contact :
Aster Hospital, Al Qusais: +971 54 998 4599
Aster Hospital, Al Mankhool: +971 56 505 3856
Aster Cedars Hospital: +971 54 995 2531
Aster Call Center number: +971 0444 00 500