Stepping out of home? These measures are essential to safeguard
Specialist Family Medicine
Aster Clinic – Tecom
Maintain a 1-meter distance
- It is beyond the level of the arm length of a normal person and hence you are unconsciously maintaining a distance from people.
- You are inadvertently avoiding greetings like handshakes, hugging and other body contacts
Cough or sneeze into an elbow rather than your hand
- If somebody sneezes into their hands, that create an opportunity for those germs to be passed on to other people, or contaminate other objects that people touch.
- Covering cough and sneeze and keeping hands clean help to prevent the spread of disease.
How to go shopping?
- Do not take different brands of same product in your hand to compare from the shelf. Observe the labels and finalize which product to take. Once you take it, never keep it back on the shelf.
- Avoid searching for items in an offer basket (eg: basket for towels, handkerchiefs, soft toys etc.)
- Avoid browsing and touching garments in a store. Observe and finalize the dress by visual inspection and then try out only a select few.
Social distancing is important
- Social distancing is a term used to refer to a conscious effort to reduce close contact between people and hopefully reduce community transmission of virus.
- These strategies are not going to stop the Corona virus from spreading, but will help spread the number of cases over a longer time period, which is very important.
- This will help hospitals from facing the challenges of being overburdened affecting the quality of care
- In other words, the only way to keep each other safe is to maintain a safe distance
For queries related to Covid-19, you can reach out to a medical professional on +971 04 440 0500