Skincare for young adult men
Aster Hospital- Qusais, Dubai
This can be the most stressful phase of a person’s life with constant changes in personal as well as professional lives. Especially in urban areas, young adults are more susceptible to unhealthy dietary and lifestyle habits and may not have time to take good care of their skin amidst their daily hustles of life.
It is a pivotal period for many lifestyle factors becoming established and later affecting health. Below are few tips that can easily be inculcated in the day-to-day habits to ensure good skin care:
- Rinse your face first with warm water and then wash with oil free cleansers since some people continue to have oily skin
- Use a gentle exfoliating scrub before shaving so as to remove dead skin cells as well as to prevent ingrown hair. Wash with cool water after shaving.
- Use oil free moisturizers containing sunscreen during daytime, daily
- Drink plenty of water during the day to keep yourself hydrated. A hydrated body ensures healthy skin.
- If your scalp is prone to dandruff, use anti-dandruff shampoos for your hair at least thrice a week
- Avoid smoking since smoking ages skin faster
- Exercise regularly for opening the pores and ensuring free sweat loss and detoxification of skin.
- Don’t neglect your feet especially if you wear closed footwear all day. Inspect the feet and toes for any dirt or any other skin problems like corns and calluses. Wash, dry and massage the feet with moisturizers at end of the day.
If you notice any unusual changes in your skin texture, color or notice any new spots on the skin, consult a dermatologist immediately.