Skincare For Teenage Boys
Aster Hospital- Qusais, Dubai
Men tend not to notice much about what products they use (some hardly use any at all). During teenage years as a boy’s body goes through plenty of physical changes due to hormonal developments, it becomes essential to take good care of the skin to ensure longevity of healthy skin in adult life.
Due to the body constantly undergoing numerous changes, a good skincare routine becomes essential:
- Wash your face at least twice a day with Glycolic Acid facewash or any oil free cleanser, since your skin is usually oily and acne prone. Inculcate a habit of washing your face after workouts or physical activities to get rid of dirt and/or sweat.
- Do not apply excessive hair oil on the hair since at this age there is already natural oiliness. Any additional oil application in the hair may result in dandruff and/or breakouts of acne. If hair is dry and scalp is itchy, a consistent oil application, once a week is recommended.
- Apply oil free moisturizer with sunscreen regularly when you go out the in sun or for a swim followed by moisturizer on face and limbs after swimming.
- Some teenagers may be prone to allergies and if so, don’t snack on fast food, nuts and chocolates. Apply moisturizers frequently on exposed areas of skin as allergy prone individuals have more dry skin especially before retiring to bed at night.
- Change socks daily. Use a dusting powder before wearing socks during daytime and moisturize your feet at night before going to bed.
- Use antifungal dusting powder for groin area during daytime before wearing innerwear.
If you notice any unusual changes in your skin texture, color or notice any new spots on the skin, consult a dermatologist immediately.