Safety In Public Places during Covid-19 Pandemic
The Indian government is still working on the measures to be taken to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Though the Covid-19 vaccination process has started, it is still early to determine whether it will be fully effective in controlling the pandemic or not. So we still need to restrict ourselves from unnecessary visits to public places.
Social distancing rules are still active in India, with many rules like lockdown after 9 PM in Gujarat, lockdown after 11 PM in Maharashtra, etc. You should only be visiting public places for essential activities like collecting groceries, medicines, physical exercise/yoga, etc.
Now that lockdown restrictions are slowly being eased and people are returning to public spaces, certain tips need to be kept in mind while heading outdoors:
Effective safety tips for you to follow in public places
- Always use masks at public places. A 3 ply medical mask or 3 layered cloth mask is ideal, which should be replaced during regular intervals and discarded.
- Maintain safe distance of 6 feet from others. When you are heading out for essentials, try keeping kids at home. It will ensure that you have to focus only on your safety rather than yours’ and the kids.
- Use gloves when handling products in a market or mall. Though it is not suggested to touch shared surfaces, when necessary, just keep your gloves on.
- Do not touch your face or eyes with gloves, after touching other surfaces or items. It is possible that such surfaces might have accidentally been touched by any Covid-19 patient.
- Follow cough etiquette. Cough or sneeze on your sleeve or in a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in a bin. The measure will ensure that no one else is infected, in case, you are.
- Ensure that you are in a private space before lowering the mask to eat or drink in a restaurant. This measure is essential as restaurants are common areas to catch Covid-19 infection.
- Do not share spoons, forks, water glasses etc. Serve only yourself.
- If attending a buffet or dining with a group ensure you are served by a steward wearing a mask and gloves and maintain distance. Talking or laughing without mask should be avoided.
- Most importantly watch what you touch. Once you return home or are in a safe space, sanitize your hands, or wash them properly.
- Intermittent hand sanitization practice at public places is advisable. It will ensure safety from your unnecessary touching of surfaces and items.
- We recommend that you change your clothes once you are back home from any public place. It will ensure home cleanliness and keep your relatives/near ones safe from Covid-19.
- Disinfect your vehicle after taking it out. Disinfect your steering wheel and hand-gear with a disinfecting wipe. You can even spray disinfectant on your seats and floor of the vehicle.
- You can avoid visiting public places where there are a lot of people . You can choose off-peak hours during the day to collect your essentials.
- Plan your outdoor activities in a way that ensures lesser time outside in an unsafe environment.
With all these measures in mind, you can best protect yourself when you are out in public next time. Additionally, you can prevent spreading germs when you are back at home.
Do not forget to follow us on our social media channels to keep yourself updated with the latest tips & tricks to keep yourself healthy.