Safety In Public Places during Covid-19
Now that lockdown restrictions are slowly being eased and people are returning to public spaces, certain tips need to be kept in mind while heading outdoors:
- Always use masks at public places. A 3 ply medical mask or 3 layered cloth mask is ideal, which should be replaced during regular intervals and discarded.
- Maintain safe distance of 6 feet from others.
- Use gloves when handling products in a market or mall.
- Do not touch your face or eyes with gloves, after touching other surfaces or items.
- Follow cough etiquette. Cough or sneeze on your sleeve or in a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in a bin.
- Ensure that you are in a private space before lowering the mask to eat or drink in a restaurant.
- Do not share spoons, forks, water glasses etc. Serve only yourself.
- If attending a buffet or dining with a group ensure you are served by a steward wearing a mask and gloves and maintain distance. Talking or laughing without mask should be avoided.
- Most importantly watch what you touch.
- Intermittent hand sanitization practice at public places is advisable.