Safety Measures and relaxation of lockdown
Sr. Consultant, Internal Medicine
Aster CMI Hospital
In a bid to enlighten families and individuals on the preventive measures which they can take to keep the virus at bay, the following recommended safety measures can be taken by every individual with the relaxation of the lockdown:
- Avoid going out frequently for grocery shopping and only step out of your homes in case of an emergency as it can prevent you from contracting the virus
- Avoid touching surfaces of doors, handles etc. and make sure you carry your hand sanitizers and use them frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth regularly
- While sneezing or coughing, you should cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, then dispose of the tissue safely
- Always wear a mask while stepping out and always make sure that both your nose and mouth is covered with the mask
- Make sure to always practice washing your hands before you eat
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Make sure of the hygiene concerns when you are using the public toilets
- Adhere to social distancing and avoid any kind of physical contact like handshakes or hugs and maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- As soon as you come back home, change your clothes, take a shower and wash them off. By maintaining proper hygiene measures we can ensure to not get affected by the infection by any means
- People who need to visit the hospital, make a prior appointment for your consultation so that you can avoid the crowd in the hospital and also help the hospital from getting over- crowded
Also for elderly people, diabetic patients, patients with chronic respiratory diseases and other ailments and even children, who are the high-risk individuals and are having a decreased immunity and body reserve, should be more careful and practice the safety measures diligently. Commit yourself to a healthy diet and some simple exercises on a regular basis which can help you increase your immunity power.