A caregiver has a lot of a burden to bear. The stress of having to take care of a sick one especially in the times of corona can be very consuming both physically and mentally. Caregiving can have many rewards.
For most caregivers, being there when a loved one needs you is a core value and something you wish to provide.
That's why it's so important to take advantage of the many resources and tools available to help you provide care for your loved one. Remember, if you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to care for anyone else.
Some points to manage stress are:
- Accept help –This can lessen the work burden on you and give you time to breathe’
- Focus on what you are able to provide
- Set realistic goals
- Join a support group
- Get connected and find out about caregiving resources in your community
- Set personal health goals
- Help cope up with anxiety, loneliness and stress at home.
Here are 5 top tips for caring for your elderly parents at home