There is so much stress around us often due to the bombardment of news. Do not read every news and WhatsApp and presentations. It’s cumbersome and our brain is wired to think the worst. Bad news sells, and the media knows that.
But you can still browse your phone without having to read about the virus.Read more
- Some news apps like Curio are offering virus-free news for those who still want to stay abreast with what’s happening in the world but find it overwhelming to sift through all the covid-dominated news nowadays.
- A dose of daily goodness can be found on these websites
- Use the Forest app to schedule some time with no screen – it’s a simple app where you can set how much time you don’t want to look at your screen for example 60 mins, and in that time, if you look at your screen, a tree that would have grown in 60 mins dies, or else a tree is added to your forest. This can be done as a group activity with friends who can virtually join your forest room and if either of you check your phones before the set time, your tree dies. A self-accountability factor app like a gym buddy, but for mental health, are good too.
- Our advisory on managing fear, stigma and stress should help
- Watch the video on quick tips for mental well-being in the new-normal from Babylon
- Access Serenity: Deal with anxiety and isolation using Aster’s Everyday Therapy which is available 24x7.