Individuals at High-risk
Who are at high risk? Elderly, Smokers and Adults with Diabetes, Chronic pulmonary disease, Cardiovascular disease, Renal disease and Obesity
What should they be careful about?
- Stop smoking
- Maintain good control of diabetes
- Regular exercise
- Weight reduction where applicable
- Avoid crowded public places.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Avoid touching friends and relatives who are unwell.
Continue to follow STANDARD precautions like:
- Wear a mask if sick with cold or flu.
- Do not sneeze in hands. Do so in the elbow.
- Avoid touching nose and face unless hands are washed/clean.
- Report to a physician at the earliest signs of sickness.
By Dr. Jyoti Upadhyay, Specialist, Internal Medicine, Aster Hospital, Mankhool
Read more on:
- Helping an elderly cope with stress and loneliness
- Can smoking make you more vulnerable to Covid-19?
- Dos and Don’ts for people at high risk of contracting Covid-19
For further guidance, you can speak to our of our internal medicine specialist through Aster e-Consult