How to break the chain of infection at home?
While we maintain social distancing, try to limit our exposure to the virus and stay at home to stay safe, it is very much important for all of us to follow health and hygiene measures at home to ensure that it remains a safe space for us to thrive.
The below measures would help:
- Personal hygiene should be priority even at home: wash your hands as frequently as possible for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Take a shower once a day and use sanitizers as required.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and face. If you feel like coughing or sneezing, please cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow sleeve. Throw the tissue after use.
- Frequently clean and disinfect the high touch surfaces at home like door handles, light switches, toys, handrails, TV remotes, fridge doors, computer and laptop keyboards, tablets, mobiles and keys with a disinfectant containing 70% alcohol.
- Regularly vacuum with HEPA(HIGH EFFICIENCY PARTICULATE AIR) filters at home. Wash blankets regularly and bedsheets in hot water at least once a week.
- Best to avoid cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals like Ammonia, Formaldehyde etc.
- Avoid scented cleaners and detergents, as the fragrance can trigger allergy. Look for fragrance free products.
- Take shoes off before entering the house.
- Keep the windows closed and use the AC. Get the Air ducts cleaned at least once a year.