Dos and Don’ts for people at high risk of contracting Covid-19
Dr. Uma C Sreedevi
Consultant – Anaesthesiology
Aster Prime Hospital – Hyderabad
- Stay home. Avoid face to face contact.
- Exercise regularly – Yoga / walk in balcony.
- Minimize non-essential contact with household members.
- Keep in touch with family and friends online.
- Let family / friends arrange food, medicines, shopping.
- Care givers – must wash hands on arriving, frequently during the stay and maintain 2m distance. If care giver falls sick must stay away for 14 days. Since start of symptoms and 5 days with no fever.
- People in your household must follow frequent handwashing, social distancing, avoid using same towels, cutlery, room space.
- Take medicines regularly. Keep comorbidities under control.
- Use phone or online means to keep in touch with your doctor regularly.
- Visit hospital only in case of emergencies or on advice of your doctor with prior appointment. Use gloves, mask and keep social distance during visits.
- Seek medical help digitally as much as possible. Aster e-Consult could be of help.
- No visitors except essential care.
- No gatherings.